Hardi Ghati is a variety of rice predominantly grown in the Dantewada region of Chhattisgarh. It's a bold rice variety with low GI(glycemic index) and helps us keep our hunger satiated for a longer period of time.
Being a bold grain rice makes it a great option for Idli/dosa batters while keeping the nutrition of the rice grain intact. Hardi ghati rice means a lot to the community of the region as it's deeply embedded in their culture and their diets and providing it the world is a matter of great pride for them.
Region/Terrain: Dantewada, Chhattisgarh, India
Colour of Kernel: White
Dehusk Status: Semi-polished
Process: Hand Pounded
Grain Size/Type: Bold Grain
Properties: Best for Idli/Dosa batters
Directions for cooking:
- Can be cooked as any other normal rice variety
- Avoid the use of pressure cooker
Nutritional & Medicinal benefits:
- Low GI (glycemic index)
- Helps keep hunger satiated for a longer period of time
- Rich in Potassium which helps in cardiovascular functions
- Rich in magnesium which helps control blood sugar levels
Ingredients: Organic Hardi Ghati Rice
Best before 6 months from the date of manufacturing
- WHY DO WE NEED CHEMICALS AND PRESERVATIVES WHEN NATURAL FOOD INGREDIENTS ARE ENOUGH
- NO VEGANS WERE HARMED WHILE MAKING THIS PRODUCT
Cultural benefits: Deeply embedded in the traditions and culture of the people in Dantewada - a daily consumption of life to maintain the lifestyle that they live is a must.