In India, Red Rices have occupied a special position since time immemorial. May it be the Yajurveda or the Buddhist scriptures, Red Rice has been mentioned as a medicinal and culturally important food crop.
Our Sathka Red Rice grown by farmers in the highly disturbed district of Dantewada Chhattisgarh, is one such medicinal variety grown for generations and known for its high zinc and iron content .
This pack of Red Rice while being beneficial to our body and the ecosystem, also helps preserve culture and provides a road for these farmers to establish a life away from violence.
Region/Terrain: Dantewada, Chhattisgarh, India
Colour of Kernel: Dark Red
Dehusk Status: Unpolished
Process: Hand Pounded
Grain Size/Type: Medium
Properties: Medicinal variety
Directions for cooking:
- Always soak the Red Rice overnight before cooking
- Cook the Red Rice in an open vessel, avoiding a pressure cooker
- Useful for daily consumption, Idli-dosa batters
Nutritional & Medicinal benefits:
- Rich in Iron & Zinc
- Rich in Fibre
- Rich in Vitamins
- Rich in Minerals & Antioxidants
- Medicinal for diabetic patients
Ingredients: Organic Red Rice
Best before 6 months from the date of manufacturing
- WHY DO WE NEED CHEMICALS AND PRESERVATIVES WHEN NATURAL FOOD INGREDIENTS ARE ENOUGH
- NO VEGANS WERE HARMED WHILE MAKING THIS PRODUCT